Saturday, November 7, 2009

Grace cards using Waxy Flax to Stitch




Tonight I decided to make the Grace cards from the Workshops on the Go. What I thought was really cool was using Waxy flax to stitch and to hold on the buttons!! For the stitching, first you make the holes with your Piercing tool, then you just hand stitch with the waxy flax- so easy! The waxy flax stays together pretty well as you stitch, and because it's waxy, it's easy to squeeze the ends together to get them through the holes. I suggest using a long enough piece so that you have enough in the end to tie, and because after all the threading, it does seem to have started to fray a bit. I also decided to pierce holes to "stitch" the buttons on; tying a knot on the inside of the cards to hold them in place. The first one I did, I tied the waxy flax to the buttons and then used a glue dot to hold them on. Personally I like the tied ones instead of the glue dot. They just seem more secure and lie flat on the front of the card. Now I'll have to try using these ideas on my scrapbook pages too!

No comments:

Post a Comment